Systems Analyst – Information Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 10th September, 2023
Reporting Line: Head of IT
Standard Investment Bank (SIB) is a leading financial services firm in Kenya founded in 1995. The firm offers individual and institutional clients a single point of entry for Asset Management, Securities Trading, Market Research, Investment Management and Corporate Finance. SIB is regulated as an Investment Bank (2003) and a Money Manager (2018) by the Capital Markets Authority.
We are seeking a highly motivated Information Technology expert to join our IT department as a Systems Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support, troubleshooting computers, ensuring the network is functioning properly, seeing through assigned projects, and basic programming.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploy, manage and administer, virtual infrastructure, and monitor performance as well as regular healthy checks on back-ups.
- Deployment, Configuration and Management of Core Enterprise database Systems, Applications and User security policy Management.
- Identification and Addressing of risks to system availability, performance, reliability and security in regards to servers, storage and data.
- Design, configure, manage, and maintain network and networks services for existing devices and new devices, to facilitate efficient wired and wireless network setup and perform L2 switching and L3 routing.
- Deployment and Administration of Security services in information systems and infrastructure and ensure 100% compliance with the set security policy standards.
- Design and implement new solutions as well as improve resilience of the current information systems environment.
- Report network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects.
- Perform regular checks on systems and prepare reports to the head of IT based on the company IT policies and procedures.
- Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during/ and after system installation as well Provide end user support, identifying root cause with strategic, fast and efficient solutions to problems.
- Liaise with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis.
- Speak to customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture.
- Perform end user support and any other assigned company duties.
- Proven experience as an IT Analyst, IT Consultant or similar role
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of databases, system security and troubleshooting
- Understanding of business practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical mindset
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications or any other related field
- Networking Certifications and Application development skills will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV of not more than 2 pages in PDF using your first and last name to name the document quoting the job position on the email subject to email@example.com on or before Sunday 10th September, 2023 at 12 pm.
N/B: Incomplete applications will not be considered.