SIB collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
You directly provide SIB with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- SIB may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources: Google and Facebook
SIB collects your data so that we can:
- Register your account and perform a KYC (Know Your Customer) check.
- Extend special offers on other products and services we think you might like through e-mail.
Once SIB processes/sets up your account, we will not sell or use your data for any other services.
SIB securely stores your data in our secure servers both locally and on cloud.
SIB would like to send you information about products and services that we think you might be of interest to you.
If you have agreed to receive marketing information, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop SIB from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us.
We partner with third party ad networks to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites.
We use re-marketing and display advertising across multiple networks including, but not limited to, Google.
We may target ads based on data provided by clients or partners in combination with the data we collect ourselves.
The data provided by third parties may originate both online and offline. Standard Investment Bank may share the aggregate information it collects with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
Our advertising partners including but not limited to Google, also place persistent cookies on your device when you visit our website o our advertisers’ websites in order to help us recognize you and serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit their website or online service or websites in their networks.
Standard Investment Bank Limited, maintains several lists of subscribers who have asked to receive periodic email updates. Any recipient of a Standard Investment Bank email may unsubscribe from future messages via a link at the bottom of each email message. We do not sell, rent, exchange, or otherwise disclose our list of subscribers to persons or organizations outside SIB Limited.
Messages sent from Standard Investment Bank to email subscribers may include a tracking pixel to provide basic aggregate analytics such as the percentage of recipients who opened an email or clicked on a link in an email, the percentage of subscribers using various email clients, and the number of times an email was forwarded or printed.
Our email analytics providers also offer the capability to view some data, such as whether a mass email was opened, at an individual level for 30 days after an email was sent; as a matter of policy and practice this data is only viewed on an aggregate basis.
When you follow a link to an external site, you are leaving www.sib.co.ke. our partners are subject to their own privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external site.
www.sib.co.ke does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained in a linked site.
We also do not endorse the organizations or individuals maintaining sites that we link, any views they express, or any products/services they offer.
Below is the current list of official Standard Investment Bank pages on third party websites.
SIB would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request SIB for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that SIB corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request SIB to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that SIB erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that SIB restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to FX Kenya’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that SIB transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we guarantee we respond back in one month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us on: Telephone: +254 777 333 000 & Email: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – SIB uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – SIB uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. SIB sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.